NJAFM 2019 Annual Conference – Abstract Submission IS NOW OPEN!
Deadline for submissions is June 15, 2019
Presenters will be notified of acceptance by August 1, 2019
The 15th annual NJAFM conference will highlight activities that have proven effective in protecting people and property from the impact of floods and storms, and the importance of maintaining these core activities through comprehensive hazard mitigation efforts.
The NJAFM Conference Committee invites your active participation by submitting an abstract for presentation at this important conference. Suggested topics include:
• Flood Hazard Identification and Mapping
• National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
• Shoreline Stabilization
• Stormwater Management
• Code Enforcement
• Community Rating System (CRS)
• Flood Standards and Regulations
• Flood Vulnerability Assessments
• Emergency Management
• Regional Sediment Management
• Hazard Mitigation Planning
• Education, Outreach, Awareness
• Property Acquisition
• Climate Change
• Structural Elevation and Floodproofing
• Professional Development
• Flood Modeling
• Water Resource Management
• Habitat Restoration
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Presentation Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and should identify the presenter, presenter’s affiliation and presentation title. In addition, the presenter should identify which topical area is the best fit for the presentation.
Presentation length will be limited to 20 minutes, as part of a 1.5-hour concurrent session, with three presenters per session. Adequate time is provided for moderated Q/A during each session. Powerpoint or other visual aids are encouraged.
Please complete the form below to submit your abstract for inclusion in our 2019 Conference Program:
• Deadline for submissions is June 15, 2019
• Presenters will be notified of acceptance by August 1, 2019
• Presenters who are accepted are required to register and pay for the conference.